Welcome to USA FIT Albany! We are a group of training partners and friends preparing together for the Mohawk Hudson River Full or Half Marathon in October, 2015 and other local fall marathon and half marathons. Even if you’ve never run a step before, training with our group will help you conquer mental and physical barriers you never thought possible. It happens all the time.
We start wherever you are. Couch potato? Seasoned marathoner? Great. No matter what your conditioning or pace, there will be others to train with. Over the course of six short months, our coaches will help achieve your personal best in a non-intimidating, fun, and safe environment.
As a member of USA FIT Albany, you’ll receive:
- ability-based Saturday morning group runs;
- daily training schedules to keep you progressing during the week;
- encouragement and expertise from trained coaches;
- weekly informational seminars on running-related topics;
- camaraderie and social events;
- a USA FIT Albany technical T-shirt.
***Note: Registration to any race is the responsibility of the participant and is not included in the cost of training.
Twenty weeks isn’t that long a time when you’re among friends all working toward a common goal. But the even greater benefit is what happens when you conquer your own personal challenges. Our members are fitter, happier, and mentally stronger than they’ve ever been before. Through this training, people change their lives forever.
Our key target marathon and half marathon is the Mohawk Hudson River Marathon but we have plans that fit training for:
- Mohawk Hudson River Marathon/Half
- United Healthcare Newport Marathon/Half
- Wineglass Marathon/Half
- Montreal Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon/Half
- Providence Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon/Half
- The Saratoga Palio Half Marathon
- Adirondack Half Marathon
- Other events in the late Sept-Mid October timeframe
So come on and join us! We’re saving you a spot.